activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Fröhner <dirk.froeh...@email.de>
Subject Re: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 21:48:27 GMT
Evening,

the probability to receive useful replies on your questions correlates with the amount of
details of your use case you are willing to reveal... :-)

Glück auf!
Dirk

On Dec 27, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Petrucci Andreas wrote:

> yes, in the default case i can't , but in my case i have a distributed filesystem underneath
so i have to play with activemq so as to achieve it. That's what i want to do.

>> Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:21:46 +0100
>> Subject: Re: Distributed ActiveMQ Brokers
>> From: dejan@nighttale.net
>> To: users@activemq.apache.org
>>
>> You can't achieve that in distributed environment and different
>> producers. And what's the FIFO anyway in that case? You can probably
>> use Camel Resequencer (http://camel.apache.org/resequencer.html) to
>> arrange messages according to some of your app specific property.
>>

>> Cheers
>> --
>> Dejan Bosanac
>> -----------------
>> FuseSource - The experts in open source integration and messaging.
>> Email: dejanb@fusesource.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter:  http://twitter.com/dejanb
>> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
>> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Petrucci Andreas
>> <petrucci_2005@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> yes but  what i cannot understand is how their FIFO property is preserved in
queues. I mean a queue is distributed in two or more brokers of the network. How is it possible
for a queue say TEST.FOO queue to preserve its FIFO property when its messages are distributed
at two or more brokers???

i doubt if 2 distinct producers can produce messages for the SAME queue at 2 different brokers
of the network. Yes, in my setup i really need multiple brokers but i think that what i ask
for (i think that  it) cannot be provided by a network of brokers .

network of brokers to achieve this.
are distributed on the participating nodes as far as they're involved. Clients can connect
to any of the nodes to produce messages. The same applies for consumption, since messages
are forwarded to one of the nodes that has a subscriber for a particular destination.

double check if you really need multiple brokers, since the main reason for a NWOB would be
to scale horizontally (for queues) or to distribute destinations over multiple networks. Unless
you really have significant traffic, one node can handle quite a lot of queue messages (several
k/s, depending on infrastructure and persistence).

of activemq brokers such that we will have multiple brokers in our network that can serve
clients that are producing (just producing) messages for one ( just one) queue. As far as
i can see , there is no way to achieve that. Am I right? Any ideas? :)