activemq-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Arnold <geoff...@geoffreyarnold.com>
Subject Re: Messages stuck in queue
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:31:43 GMT
Quick follow-up: After another restart, JMX reported the queue size as 75 for over a day, but
now the queue size is -17.  How reliable is this metric?

On Dec 1, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Geoffrey Arnold wrote:

> Hello users@!
>
> We have a queue defined in an embedded broker that when viewed through the JMX console
appears to have 17 messages stuck on the queue.  The application that is consuming the messages
contains the embedded broker.  We have a constant flow of messages that are being processed
from this queue so it's odd that these messages aren't being picked up by the application
listeners.  I attempted to restart the application (and hence the broker), but the messages
are not processed.