activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: ajax handling fast messages
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:34:34 GMT
Hey Alex,

seems like http client should this job automatically

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/cookies.html

did you try some of this methods?

btw. thanks for the effort of creating a test case.

Cheers
--
Dejan Bosanac
-----------------

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Alex Dean <alex@crackpot.org> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2010, at 3:02 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff, Alex,
>>
>> having some kind of test that reproduces the issue would be great.
>> It'd be good to add something to the tests Alex already contributed
>>
>> https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/activemq/trunk/activemq-web-demo/src/main/webapp/test/amq_test.html?r=HEAD
>>

> These tests will be junit, since they're testing MessageListenerServlet.  The trouble
I've had in the past, and continue to have, is that I haven't been able to get the session
cookie returned during my tests.

> Here's a test I've worked on : http://pastie.org/1177995
> Here's the output : http://pastie.org/1178030
>
> This code shows 2 separate ways I've tried accessing the response headers.
> 1. Implementing ContentExchange.onResponseHeader.  My callback is never called, though
my other onRequestComplete and onResponseComplete callbacks are.
> 2. Trying to use ContentExchange.getResponseFields().  The returned object is null.
>
> I watched port 8080 in wireshark while my test was running, and I did see that the 'Set-Cookie'
header was returned by the server.
> http://skitch.com/alexdean/d2g2b/capturing-from-lo0-wireshark
>
> I am able to send a POST to the servlet, and I do receive a response, but without the
cookie I can't associate my later requests with the subscriptions I've created in the initial
POST.

> If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate some tips or even a nudge
in the right direction.  If I could get this working, I could write a test pretty easily
to reproduce the issue we're currently seeing, and then verify the issue has been fixed.  I
could also write tests for the previous patches I've submitted  for MessageListenerServlet.