activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <>
Subject Re: JMS application's consumer(with msg selector) not getting messages
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:39:38 GMT
are you using receiveNoWait() in your consumer? It does not poll the
broker for messages unless prefetch is 0.
So either use prefetch=0 or receive(1000), which will give some time
for the consumer to register and get a dispatch. With receiveNoWait,
it is possible to get a null return before any messages are dispatched
by the broker.