activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I am having trouble subscribing to the ActiveMQ - Dev list.
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 22:29:27 GMT
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Stephen Vincent <Stephen.Vincent@sas.com> wrote:
> Yes, that just causes a confirmation email message to be sent to me.  I can't simply
reply to it since the address is too long, and as I mentioned in the original post, my attempts
at sending email to the other suggested addresses gets me nowhere.

> I had no problem subscribing to the ActiveMQ - User maillist.  Is the "dev" list restricted
in some way?

Nope, no restriction whatsoever.

OK, as a test I just sent an email to
dev-subscribe@activemq.apache.org with no subject and no body, i.e.,
an empty email. I received a reply message as confirmation of my
request. The email address to which I am supposed to reply is of the
following form:

dev-sc.1291928195.hcmjinoemmdjhkhginmk-bruce.snyder=gmail.com@activemq.apache.org

If I simply reply to the confirmation message, I will be subscribed to
the list.

If you cannot reply to the address in the confirmation message because
it's too long, that sounds like a problem with the mail client (unless
you're getting specific errors from the mail server). I've actually
never heard of someone having this kind of problem before. What mail
client are you using?

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/