activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ consumer performance and scalability
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:37:51 GMT
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Stanislaw Kogut <skogut@sistyma.net> wrote:
> I already tried every topic here, with no significant effect.
> I'm already using KahaDB for peristence (even placing it's data to tmpfs).
> I can't use async send/receive, as I need reliable transport.
> I'm using transactions (this is a requirement).

How about your KahaDB settings? Try this:

<kahaDB directory="${activemq.base}/data/kahadb"
  enableJournalDiskSyncs="false"
  indexWriteBatchSize="10000"
  indexCacheSize="1000"/>

> What about multiple consumers? Should they use one or many different
> connection factories or sessions to consume faster?

Creating multiple sessions from a single connection works well.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder