activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding the working of a message queue
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:17:53 GMT
As I see it you have two choices:

1. Use selectors. Each broker would need to be network connected to the
producer's broker with a fetch size of one message which might well limit
performance but would avoid possible stuck messages.
http://activemq.apache.org/selectors.html

2. Use a different queue for each different type of message. I'd do this.
Far simpler provided you don't have a restriction on creating queues.

James