activemq-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Arnold <geoff...@geoffreyarnold.com>
Subject Messages stuck in queue
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 19:04:50 GMT
Hello users@!

We have a queue defined in an embedded broker that when viewed through the JMX console appears
to have 17 messages stuck on the queue.  The application that is consuming the messages contains
the embedded broker.  We have a constant flow of messages that are being processed from this
queue so it's odd that these messages aren't being picked up by the application listeners.
 I attempted to restart the application (and hence the broker), but the messages are not processed.

A few questions:
1) Is it possible that this number is incorrect?
1a) If the number is incorrect, how would I reindex the queue?  Delete "kr-store/state/index-store-state"?
1b) If the number is correct, how would I process these messages?
2) Are there any tools for performing maintenance on an AMQ Message Store, such as taking
a hot backup?

Thanks,
Geoff.