activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Ajax API
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:05:42 GMT

On Dec 22, 2010, at 10:32 AM, stratio wrote:

> I added the content header as you told me in my Ruby client and i get a
> strange behaviour...
>
> When i run the Ajax client sometimes it connects and gets the messaged from
> the server correctly (i can see the messages looking at the response) and
> sometimes it doesn't connect and the response looks like this :
>
> <ajax-response></ajax-response>

Not sure why you're saying "it doesn't connect".  You definitely got a response from ActiveMQ.
 "<ajax-response></ajax-response>" is what you get when a polling request times
out.

> It's like a timeout but how can this be possible? I mean how can the client
> sometimes connect and sometimes not?

Each connection is timed out after a certain amount of time so that ActiveMQ can control when
the connection gets closed, rather than having the connection closed by a proxy or firewall
or other intermediary.  Your browser will immediately make another connection after this one
is closed.

This behavior should not cause your browser to miss any messages.  If you think it does, please
provide steps so we can try to reproduce the problem you are having.  I'm working on another
problem which can cause a browser client to lose some messages, but what you're reporting
doesn't seem to be the same issue.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3094

alex