activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Dean <a...@crackpot.org>
Subject Re: ajax handling fast messages
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:33:26 GMT

On Dec 15, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Hey Alex,
>
> seems like http client should this job automatically
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/cookies.html
>
> did you try some of this methods?

I thought I had.  I was using RestTest.java as a model.

Your link helped me realize that org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient (as used in RestTest)
is a totally different animal from org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.  I have never
been able to get cookie handling to work with the Jetty HttpClient, but apache commons one
worked as you'd expect.  Cookie handling is transparent, and my GET (to poll for messages)
uses the same session as my initial POST (to create a subscription).

I'll get a useful test written up tomorrow morning, and create a new JIRA issue if Jeff doesn't
beat me to it.

> btw. thanks for the effort of creating a test case.

No problem.  We're getting a lot of benefit out of ActiveMQ, and it's great to be able to
help out.

alex