activemq-users mailing list archives

From rliguori <robert2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: JMSPriority implemented in AMQ 5.4.1?
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 17:22:02 GMT

"I think this part of the spec is terrible."
>> It does leave a lot to be desired.

"It is so vague you can do nothing to order by priority and still claim
compliance. "
>>I agree it is vague, but my interpretation is that "something" must be
implemented.  Examine this statement, "it should do its best to deliver
expedited messages ahead of normal messages".  I would hope that the JMS
implementers would interpret this as some type of algorithm must be in place
to expedite messages with higher priority, and if there isn't one then the
implementation is not meeting compliancy. That is, if nothing is done, then
the implementation is NOT doing its best to deliver expedited messages ahead
of normal messages, as no attempt was made.