activemq-users mailing list archives

From suedonne123 <>
Subject ActiveMQ NOT immediately dispatching topic message to consumer
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:12:46 GMT

ActiveMQ installed on Redhat Linux V5.4

Using the default config in is tcp://localhost... (not

I am using Glassfish and Message Driven Beans to consume messages (these are
MDBs are durable subscribers

I am using ActiveMQ admin console to send messages in test environment.

Sometimes the message is received by the consumer MDB right away.  Other
times, the
message sits somewhere in ActiveMQ and is NOT dispatched to the consumer
some number (it is random) of other messages are sent...I can see on the
page that the message is Enqueued but the DeQueue counter does not
the message is just hanging around not being dispatched...But to get this
message to be dispatched
I have to "flush" activemq by sending a bunch of junk does not
seem to matter
that I send them to the same topic or not...

I have tried tuning some stuff regarding ProducerFlowControl and the
but still have this problem...Also, I was originally having this problem
with ActiveMQ 5.1
so I upgraded to 5.4 but still see the same behavior...

Any ideas since I am a novice at ActiveMQ/JMS ??