activemq-users mailing list archives

From tedca <t...@verdiem.com>
Subject NMS Threading model question.
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:17:02 GMT

A couple of questions about threading model.  First, it seems like (on the
client-side) there's a thread created per session.  Is this true?

Second, it seems like a session is required per thread.  Is that true as
well?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to implement a long-polling http service.
My original approach is to implement an async WCF service that uses the NMS
async deliver pattern creating multiple consumers against a single session.
Then, when I get a callback from NMS, I then do the plumbing work to finish
off the async WCF call.

The problem that I'm running into, is that with this approach, I'm not
reliably getting the callback.  I suspect that it's because one session is
required per thread.  Using a session per thread may not be possible because
NMS's thread creation overhead.

Answers to the above questions and suggestions on an implementation approach
would be *GREATLY* appreciated.