activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SonicMQ client with ActiveMQ server?
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 23:30:27 GMT
On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 15:03 -0800, digant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have some old code that uses the SonicMQ libraries and we're trying to
> move them to ActiveMQ server.  So far, when they try to negotiate a
> connection, I get:
>
> Transport failed: java.io.IOException: Remote wire format magic is invalid
>
> I see that ActiveMQ is sending:
>
> Sending: WireFormatInfo { version=3, properties={TightEncodingEnabled=true,
> CacheSize=1024, TcpNoDelayEnabled=true, SizePrefixDisabled=false,
> StackTraceEnabled=true, MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay=10000,
> MaxInactivityDuration=30000, CacheEnabled=true}, magic=[A,c,t,i,v,e,M,Q]}
>
> And it is receiving:
>
> Received WireFormat: WireFormatInfo { version=0, properties={},
> magic=[,,,,,,,]}
>
> Any ideas of how I can change/fix this, or even what the root of the problem
> is?  can I get ActiveMQ to accept version 0? (the default wireformat should
> be 0, from my readings).  And it shouldn't care about the magic, I didn't
> think.

ActiveMQ and SonicMQ use two entirely different wire protocols so you
can't just point your SonicMQ client at an ActiveMQ broker.  You'd need
to either use a JMS to JMS bridge, or if the client is using pure JMS
API calls then just have your client use the ActiveMQ Java client
instead.

Regards

--
Tim Bish