activemq-users mailing list archives

From logosdev <logos...@yahoo.com>
Subject broker config if destination may be down
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:29:37 GMT

Hi folks, for the purposes of this question I am using activemq 5.3.1,
non-persistent

I would like to use the BrokerService in the normal way as a bridge between
a local queue and a remote destination.  The trick is that the remote
destination may or may not be up at the time the BrokerService starts.
Currently I have no trouble starting the broker when the destination is
reachable, but as you might expect things blow up otherwise.

Note that I am not talking about a connection that intermittently drops
after the initial startup - activemq seems to handle that.  I am talking
about an unreachable destination at startup.

Ideally, I'd like the BrokerService to automatically try to reconnect (at
reasonable intervals), and to queue up messages until the connection can be
made.  If this isn't possible, I'm happy to code around it - I'd just like
some advice on what's considered the proper approach.

How would you folks handle this?