activemq-users mailing list archives

From madhavi <>
Subject Query regarding the working of a message queue
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:39:21 GMT

Hi Professionals,

I have a design query reagrding queue. My scenario is as follows

I have to use a messaging system, with single producer and multiple
consumers(Asynchronous). The producer pushes different types of messages
into the messaging system. Depending upon the messagetype, that particular
consumer has to consume that message.(Each consumer is  running on a
different server). If, one consumer is down and a message comes for that
consumer will be in messaging system only. If, I use a message queue, the
message in the queue will block the next messages/ the next messages can be
consumed by the other consumers. Is queue suitable for handling this kind of
situations. Or do we need to go for a topic.
Any suggestions..

Thanks in advance