activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: storeUsage with kahaDB which files
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:40:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Josh Carlson <> wrote:
> We running the activemq broker version 5.3.0 and using the STOMP clients for producers
and consumers. We ran into this morning where the store usage had been exceeded and producers
were blocked on the sends. I noticed that we had the following configured for systemUsage:
>       <systemUsage>
>            <systemUsage>
>                <memoryUsage>
>                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
>                </memoryUsage>
>                <storeUsage>
>                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
>                </storeUsage>
>                <tempUsage>
>                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
>                </tempUsage>
>            </systemUsage>
>        </systemUsage>
> I solved the problem simply by increasing the storeUsage and restarting. But what I'm
wondering is what constitutes the store and thus what file(s) are being counted against this
threshold. I noted that the root of the data directory is close to 1 GB. Is it counting the
whole directory?

Yes, correct.

> In this directory I see the files, db.redo, a lock file, and several db-N.log
files. What are the .log files? From: it sounds like
they might be the 'message data logs'. Are  these the actual persisted messages?

Yes, the .log files are the actual persisted messages.

> Does the fact that I have some old .log files (from Augest) mean I have some abandoned

I don't know if you have abandoned messages, but I can tell you that
there was a bug that prevented the .log files from being cleaned up
appropriately. This bug was just fixed recently. Currently we are
discussing a release very soon (5.4.2) that will include this fix.

ActiveMQ in Action:

View raw message