activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLVED - Re: Selected messages not being passed between brokers
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2010 11:05:47 GMT
Dejan,

The problem was a subscriber to a queue that had set a client-id and
subscription-id. Non-persistent messages to the queue would flow across to
this subscriber absolutely fine despite there being lots of cast errors
present in the AMQ logs.

Soon as I added a new producer that added persistent messages to the same
queue, those persistent messages would not shift from that broker
which puzzled me. I found the warnings about the subscriber and fixed the
code.

However, only after restarting all brokers concerned would the persistent
messages flow across brokers.

As of result of this experience it would be my advice to give a more
human-readable error in the AMQ logs when this "Durable topic subscriber"
subscribes to a queue, allowing development staff to more quickly realise
the problem and get it fixed.

I hope this is helpful.

James