activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <>
Subject Full host migration
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:58:25 GMT

Assume we have hosts A and B. Host A currently has an AMQ broker but is old
and needs decommissioning. Host B is being set up to replace A. I do not
have a master/slave configuration.

Is it safe to shut down AMQ on A, rsync the entire /opt/activemq folder with
it's data store and configurations (brokerName, networkConnectors and
keystores) to B, then start B's AMQ and expect everything to "just work"?
Clearly clients will be connecting to B rather than A!

Not having done this before I just wanted to ask for past experience /