activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject "Network of Brokers" and persistence
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:36:05 GMT
I am in the phase of imagining what using ActiveMQ to design a wrapper
around a legacy process would look like, and reading the book, which I
have bought.  I should say that I am impressed so far with ActiveMQ and
the mapping of what it does with what I am trying to do seems very good.

I am trying to understand the relation of persistence to the "network of
brokers" concept.  In a single standalone broker deployment, it's
simple.  You either enable persistence of one flavor or another, or you
don't.

But what does this look like in the "network of brokers" concept?  There
is something appealing in this model to my situation, of deploying a
server-side application in which each instance has an instance of the
broker embedded within it, but what are the consequences in terms of
persistence?  Would there just be one persistent store, with a suitable
backup arrangement?

Please help me untangle the consequences of these two concepts, which
are starting to boggle my mind a bit.