activemq-users mailing list archives

From Neil Pritchard <Neil.Pritch...@securetrading.com>
Subject Kaha persistance -
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:01:50 GMT
I'm running a network of brokers on three different boxes (xml config below) using kaha for
persistence.  I will need to take one of the brokers out of the network and decommission the
hardware permanently, it will be replaced with new hardware at a later date.  Each box has
a producer and consumer of it's own.  The consumers have to wait for a sub process to finish
before acknowledging each message and only consume one message at a time form any of the brokers.
 The Idea is that if the consumer is busy or has crashed, a consumer on one of the other boxes
will pick up the message and process it, a sort of load balancing and redundancy.

Assuming unacknowledged messages are kept in the kaha persistence store on the broker on which
they are sent to; how can I be sure that they have been replicated on one of the networked
brokers and kept in the other brokers persistence store before the box is switched off ?

Using 5.3.1

<!-- START SNIPPET: xbean -->

<beans
  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd
  http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd">

  <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" useJmx="false">

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://1.2.3.4:61616)" networkTTL="20" dynamicOnly="true"/>
    </networkConnectors>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <kahaPersistenceAdapter directory="activemq-data" maxDataFileLength="333554432"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector uri="tcp://1.2.3.4:61616"/>
      <transportConnector uri="stomp://1.2.3.4:62001"/>
    </transportConnectors>

  </broker>

</beans>
<!-- END SNIPPET: xbean -->