activemq-users mailing list archives

From Josh Carlson <jcarl...@e-dialog.com>
Subject RE: storeUsage with kahaDB which files
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 21:41:03 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Bruce we must be hitting the 5.3 bug where the persisted messages
are not being cleaned up because those messages don't exist in the queues.

While on the topic of the systemUsage thresholds. Can you or someone else describe what the
memoryUsage limit refers to. I have read two descriptions, one here: http://activemq.apache.org/javalangoutofmemory.html
that says it is used to control how much memory is used before non-persistent messages are
spooled to disk. However, we are persisting all messages but yet in the web console that "Memory
percent used" is non-zero. In another document which I purchased from Total Transaction Management
it says that this limits the amount of memory the broker can use. However, this confuses me
as well because we had it set to 20 MB which doesn't seem like it would be nearly enough and
I have seen the JVM well more than a GB.

Thanks for the help