activemq-users mailing list archives

From Josh Carlson <jcarl...@e-dialog.com>
Subject storeUsage with kahaDB which files
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:24:18 GMT
We running the activemq broker version 5.3.0 and using the STOMP clients for producers and
consumers. We ran into this morning where the store usage had been exceeded and producers
were blocked on the sends. I noticed that we had the following configured for systemUsage:

       <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

I solved the problem simply by increasing the storeUsage and restarting. But what I'm wondering
is what constitutes the store and thus what file(s) are being counted against this threshold.
I noted that the root of the data directory is close to 1 GB. Is it counting the whole directory?
In this directory I see the files db.data, db.redo, a lock file, and several db-N.log files.
What are the .log files? From: http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html it sounds like they
might be the 'message data logs'. Are  these the actual persisted messages? Does the fact
that I have some old .log files (from Augest) mean I have some abandoned messages?