activemq-users mailing list archives

From magellings <>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.4.1 slower than ActiveMQ 5.2???
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:06:16 GMT

We're testing out ActiveMQ 5.4.1 and it is much slower than ActiveMQ 5.2.
In our test case, with v5.2 we were able to process about 520,000 messages
in about 9 hrs but with ActiveMQ 5.4.1 it takes 18hrs to process 21,000
messages.  So processing 520,000 messages would take days.

Are there any default configurations that may be different between these two
versions causing the extra slowness?  Any bugs fixed in between versions
(e.g. producer flow control) that could be causing the poor performance?

If anyone has any ideas on why ActiveMQ 5.4.1 is slower than ActiveMQ 5.2
that would be great!