activemq-users mailing list archives

From devnull <jimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Does ActiveMQ have the concepts of lazy writes to disk?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:37:47 GMT

Does ActiveMQ have something between persistent and non persistent messages?
E.g.: messages are sent to the broker's memory and are lazily written to
disk if they start to overflow memory?

Ideally the behavior I'm looking for is the speed of nonpersistent messages
but if the consumers get backed up that most of the messages are logged to
disk, if a crash occurs I lose whatever was in memory but the overflow on
disk gets reloaded back into ram to be processed by the consumers.

thanks