activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrew.mar...@uk.bnpparibas.com
Subject Re: Problem with AMQCPP, crashes randomly
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 07:00:23 GMT
I will hazard a guess since for quite a while I had very similar symptoms.

In my case it was down to the way it was built. In worked in release mode
but in debug mode it would randomly crash either deep in the kernel lib or
in some AMQCPP code in a AMQ thread. My app was single-threaded. I was
able to make the problem go away by having two Visual Studio windows side
by side, one was the build of AMQCPP, the other was the build of one of my
other apps. I went through every compile/link option/configuration
parameter, every setting, every macro and made everything for the AMQCPP
build exactly the same as my app build, no matter how inconsequential the
setting may appear. This fixed it.

HTH,

Andrew Marlow

Internet
zadeluca@gmail.com
30/09/2010 23:10
Please respond to
users@activemq.apache.org

users@activemq.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Problem with AMQCPP, crashes randomly

I understand. I do not have a lot of debugging experience and this problem
has me particularly stumped.

I will see if I can strip the application down to a lightweight example
that
reproduces the issue. In the meantime, here are 2 recent output/traces:

Thanks,

[snip]
                 msvcr90.dll!78583db8()