activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Auerbach <>
Subject Problem when mixing libxml and libactivemq-cpp
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:02:39 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having a very odd problem when I try to mix libxml and
libactivemq-cpp. I was hoping that someone on the mailing list might
be able to help.

I've isolated the problem to a simple example. It consists of the following:

#include "libxml/parser.h"
int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {

When I link against just libxml2, the program runs fine. However, when
I also link against the (dynamic) libactivemq-cpp library, the call

I don't have a great understanding of how .so files work. My
hypothesis is that there is a collision between an identifier, and the
wrong code is being executed. Is this possible? I get no warnings when
I compile.

View raw message