activemq-users mailing list archives

From NerdyNick <nerdyn...@gmail.com>
Subject Network of Brokers & Durable Subscribers
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:34:38 GMT
So i've been playing with ActiveMQ, getting it ready to be used in our
system, and I'm trying to test a scenario where I have 3 Brokers all
connected so that each other talk to one another.

Example:
1 -> 2 & 3
2 -> 1 & 3
3 -> 1 & 2

I have a single topic where messages posted to it are persistent, and
3 consumers that are subscribed durably. 1 consumer per machine. Now
if I have a constant stream of messages coming in and take 1 consumer
down and bring it back up against a different broker. That consumer
begins to receive new messages but any messages it missed while out
are lost. However on the broker it was once connected to I still have
a durable subscription sitting there receiving new message and
containing all the missed messages.

Is there a way to get that subscription's back log of data to move
over to the new broker it is now connected to?

--
Nick Verbeck - NerdyNick