activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Rodionov <rodion...@gmail.com>
Subject How to implement persistent topic with retroactive behaviour for any consumer ?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:11:49 GMT
Hi.

I have following problem.

Is it possible to have Topic with following behaviour:

1) Topic should contain persistent messages

2) *Any *consumer of topic should recieve all messages from that topic. It's
like Retroactive consumer, but retroactive consumer has one limitation, it
should be connected before any message published.

3) Every message that was ever published into topic should be consumed by
any consumer connected to that topic.

So main idea is to have topic where messages are never discarded.

Maybe this could be somehow implemented using Queue, but not topic, but in
this case Queue shouldn't discard messages (prevent default behaviour).

Right now I have some hacky ways to implement such behaviour, so I wonder
maybe there are some parameters, that could help to achieve such behaviour.
My current implementation based on Queue per Consumer aproach, so I can be
sure that every message will be consumed, but I think it's inefficient
because I think there is some way to avoid duplication - same message
published into multiple queue, it's like Topic behaviour.