activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Newbie Question about Plugins
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:30:38 GMT
Hi,

you just need to add your JAR to the lib/ folder and it will be picked
by the broker on startup.

For configuring you add your bean inside the <plugins> tab like

<plugins>
    <bean xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
id="loggingPlugin"
class="org.apache.activemq.broker.util.LoggingBrokerPlugin" />
</plugins>

We'll be looking into fixing plugins attribute problem.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Allen Reese <areese@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> The plugins= attribute is broken in 5.4.1:
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2939
>
> That syntax works in 5.3.2.
>
> Unfortunately, I have never tried the <plugins> syntax, so I'm not much help there.
> :(
>
> --Allen

a MyBroker.class extending BrokerFilter with a call to super(broker). So the following Questions
are more about getting ActiveMQ to include MyPlugin rather than anything complicated.
> So my first Question is where do I have to put the classes so that activemq finds them
on startup?

> My Second Question is where can I add the beans pointing to my Plugin?
>
> I tried adding plugins="#MyPlugin" in the broker tab but I get following error
>
> Java Runtime: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_20 C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\jre
>  Heap sizes: current=15872k  free=12056k  max=506816k
>    JVM args: -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Xmx512M -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties
> -Dactivemq.classpath=C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\../conf;C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\../conf;
> -Dactivemq.home=C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\..
> -Dactivemq.base=C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\..
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\..
> ACTIVEMQ_BASE: C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\bin\..
> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
> 34 in XML document from file
> [C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\conf\activemq.xml] is invalid; nested exception is
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
> Attribute 'plugins' is not allowed to appear in element 'broker'.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
> 34 in XML document from file
> [C:\Programme\apache-activemq-5.4.1\conf\activemq.xml] is invalid; nested exception is
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
> Attribute 'plugins' is not allowed to appear in element 'broker'.
>
> So plugins is not an allowed atrribute despite what's written on the link posted above?!
> I also tried adding my plugin with plugins tag and I got this Error Invalid content was
found starting with element 'plugin'. One of '{WC[##other:"http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"]}'
is expected.