activemq-users mailing list archives

From Allen Reese <are...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Service Wrapper on Windows Server 2008 R2
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 15:52:07 GMT
I thought I had created a JIRA for this, but I have a similar issue.  :)

At Yahoo!, we use jsvc to start/stop things, and as such I've implements the Commons Daemon
interface for starting and stopping ActiveMQ.  I am waiting for approval to contribute the
wrapper code, and start/stop scripts for RHEL, and this should tie in nicely with the windows
work you have done.

I created a JIRA for this: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2968, as I am just
waiting approval for the Java code Yahoo! Has created, and it looks like you have the windows
side done, all that is left is the shell scripts for start/stop on Linux.

--Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Pitre, Russell [mailto:RPITRE@shawmut.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 6:05 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Service Wrapper on Windows Server 2008 R2

I recently wrote a blog article about using Commons Daemon Procrun as a service wrapper for
ActiveMQ running on Windows server 2008 R2 64-bit.
Passing the link along for anyone who may find it useful.  I searched for alternative 64-bit
compatible service wrappers on windows systems and didn't come up with any solutions that
I found would make it easy to manage and configure the windows service, so I gave Procrun
a shot, I figured if Tomcat ships with it, why not try it out with ActiveMQ.

Let me know if you see any errors or gotchas.

http://blog.bigrocksoftware.com/2010/10/07/commons-daemon-procrun-as-a-j
ava-service-wrapper-for-activemq/

Thanks

-Russ