activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andre vd Merwe <andre...@p-cubed.co.za>
Subject RE: Re: could I config an queue to no persistence, others to persistence
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:54:36 GMT
As I understood, when you send a persistent message it is a synchronous call but when you send
a non-persistent message it is asynchronous. So adding the persistent plugin does not actually
give you the same guarantee that actually sending the messages as persistent does. i.e. you
could lose a message before it gets to the plugin.

You are doing the opposite so you don’t need to worry about the safety issue. However you
will not get any speed improvements when queuing the message by using the non-persistent plugin,
obviously...

Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: renyong [mailto:renyong@ihandy.cn]
Sent: 12 October 2010 14:34
To: users
Subject: Re: Re: could I config an queue to no persistence, others to persistence

Thank you! I'v understanded!

2010-10-12

renyong

发件人: Gary Tully
发送时间: 2010-10-12  17:01:46
收件人: users
抄送:

persistence is a property of the message, so you could use a plugin to ensure deliveryMode
is NON_PERSISTENT for all messages to specific destinations.
There is an existing plugin that enforces persistence for all messages, you would need to
extend that plugin to add some filtering, included/excluded. Would be a nice enhancement.
Existing persistenceMode plugin for reference:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/plugin/ForcePersistencyModeBrokerPlugin.java?view=log
On 11 October 2010 14:11, renyong <renyong@ihandy.cn> wrote:
> Hi, everybody:
> I'm an Chinese, and not good at English.
> I have a question, I config an embedded broker, could I config an queue to no persistence,
others to persistence? Or could I config 2 emmbedd brokder to resolve it? How to config it?

--
http://blog.garytully.com
Open Source Integration

Information contained in this e-mail, including attachments and any rights hereto are the
property of Portfolio Prospecting and Performance (Pty) Ltd (unless the context clearly indicates
otherwise). It is confidential, private and intended for the addressee only and should you
not be the addressee and receive it by mistake, kindly notify the sender and delete this information
immediately without further disclosure to any other party. Save for bona fide views of Portfolio
Prospecting and Performance (Pty) Ltd, views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those
of the sender only. Portfolio Prospecting and Performance (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever
for any loss or damages incurred, or suffered, arising from the use the information in this
e-mail. Portfolio Prospecting and Performance (Pty) Ltd does not warrant the integrity of
this e-mail nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference