activemq-users mailing list archives

From Roelof Naude <roelof.na...@gmail.com>
Subject build-up of unwanted messages
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:32:53 GMT
hi all,

we've run into a situation with virtual destinations. several consumers
consumes from a topic via a subscription queue per consumer.

setup is as-is from the docs:
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

the issue is that messages, not matching the consumer's selector, are
still send to the subscription queue. this eventually leads to a
situation where the cache is full with unwanted messages. the rest is
persisted. these are never delivered due to the build-up of unwanted
messages.

some of the consumers connect, process messages and then disconnects again.

we have experimented with "selectorAware=true". this would've worked,
except that messages are not persisted when the consumer is not connected.

is this situation expected? anything else that can be done? we did
increase the maxPageSize value, although it feels like a short term
solution.

more information in the jira issue:

we are prepared to develop a fix if given a high level overview of what
should be changed.

regards,
roelof.