activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Reynald Borer" <reynald.bo...@elca.ch>
Subject Problem while defining JMX connector port through system property
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:05:51 GMT
  Hello all,

Since ActiveMQ 5.4.1 it does not seems to be possible to override
anymore the JMX connector port through a system property. Here is how I
used to do it with version 5.3.0:

- in activemq.xml file I define the following configuration
<managementContext>
<managementContext createConnector="true"
connectorPort="${activemq.jmx.port}" />
</managementContext>

- then I add some system properties on the command line of the JVM:
Java Runtime: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_20
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre
   Heap sizes: current=253440k  free=250641k  max=506816k
     JVM args: -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Xms256M -Xmx512M -Dactivemq.instance=testrbr -Dactivemq.jmx.port=1099
-Dactivemq.jetty.port=8161
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dactivemq.classpath=/mnt/export/activemq/testrbr/conf;/usr/share/activemq/conf;
-Dactivemq.home=/usr/share/activemq
-Dactivemq.base=/mnt/export/activemq/testrbr

Unfortunately this fails because of XML validation:
     Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:
'${activemq.jmx.port}' is not a valid value for 'integer'.

This worked fine with version 5.3.0, and this also works fine in version
5.4.1 for the Jetty port parameter.

Any idea on how to solve this problem? I would really try to avoid
having to download and alter the XSD file for activemq.xml in order to
relax the Integer check. Maybe there exists some parameter in Spring to
disable this validation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Reynald