activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael Brewer-Davis <mich...@tech4learning.com>
Subject Re: Problem with simple peer-configuration, my config or AMQ issue?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:01:34 GMT
On 10/26/2010 4:24 AM, Gary Tully wrote:
> That looks like a bug in the peer transport factory. I uses
> localhost:0 as the tcp transport url, but localhost maps to the
> loopback address since 5.3[1] so the connection is refused.
> The peer transport factory should use the wildcard address, 0.0.0.0

For me, the problem has been a little more complicated than this.
Switching PeerTransportFactory to using 0.0.0.0 sends my message, but
sends my non-DNS computer name as the target host, so the alive message is:

     %localhost%Michael-Dell:49225

If I comment out that section of TcpTransportServer, I can get 0.0.0.0
instead of Michael-Dell, but that's not much more helpful.

If I commit to a network interface, I can get the discovery message to
be useful, but I'm not aware of a "right" way to pick the network
interface when several are available.

Is there a reason why the MulticastDiscoveryAgent doesn't consider the
source IP of a discovery message?

michael