activemq-users mailing list archives

From ChrisB <chris_bow...@hargreaveslansdown.co.uk>
Subject Re: Can a process detect that it is the exclusive consumer?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:46:07 GMT

Furthermore, and I realise this is probably not particularly good etiquette,
but I have another question:

How does exclusive consumer usage affect selectors?

I have a central "bus" within my application architecture, represented by a
single queue. Different nodes with different purposes (who all use a common
messaging universe) sit on this queue, listening for messages which are
relevant to them - using selectors.

If one of these nodes connects with "consumer.exclusive=true" and a selector
of "messageType='foo'" will that prevent another node who does not connect
with the consumer.exclusive option, and who has a selector of
"messageType='bar'" from receiving messages?

Thanks again :)