activemq-users mailing list archives

From kseelam <>
Subject Re: JDBC Master Slave approach with Journal for HA
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:07:50 GMT

Thanks lot for your reply Rob.

So the Journal can't be used in Cluster environment for HA. Is it correct?

Also as per the Journal config defined in ;

      <!-- To use a different dataSource, use the following syntax : -->
      <journalPersistenceAdapterFactory journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="${localdir}/activemq-data" dataSource="#mysql-ds"/>

Can't we use this configuration on each server (by having Local Journal and
Shared DB)  in the cluster?

If not, what is the situation where we use the Journal with Persistence (as
defined above) ?

I am missing some point here. Any clarification would be greatly

Thanking you.