activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Trelle <tobias.tre...@codecentric.de>
Subject Re: Failback configuration of 5.4.1
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:00:46 GMT

kfchu wrote:

> I try to use ActiveMQ5.4.1 to implement a failback plan:
>
> Broker A is primary and Broker B is the backup, if A down then turn to B,
> but if A is back to live then the flow will go back to A from B.

I set up a master/slave topology with JDBC:
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html

Master/slave is designed to have _one_ master at all times. Let's assume
your initial setup is: A is master, B is slave. If A goes down, B
automagically becomes the new master. If A is restarted then, A is one of
the slaves.

HTH,
Tobias