activemq-users mailing list archives

From jns <>
Subject Re: Store percent usage not decreasing - activemq.xml settings
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:13:33 GMT

So, I tried using percentUsageMinDelta=5 with storeUsage node. I saw a
visible improvement compared to the previous case when I was not using it.
However, this caused significant bursts in memory usage at random times.
Hence, I decided not to go ahead with this setting. Is there a way to
control store percent usage? It seems to increase at a fair rate with
increase in producers. However, it wouldn't come down even if
producers stopped sending messages.

As a temporary solution, I plan to increase storeUsage limit from 2 gb to 3
gb. But again , that wouldn't solve this issue. Can anybody provide any
helpful tips on this?

            <systemUsage sendFailIfNoSpace="true">
                    <memoryUsage limit="350 mb" percentUsageMinDelta="20" />
                    <storeUsage limit="3 gb" name="foo"/>
                    <tempUsage limit="500 mb"/>