activemq-users mailing list archives

From jim_m2m <jw...@ilstechnology.com>
Subject ActiveMQ-CPP Threading/Reconnect Questions...
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:14:09 GMT

My question is in 2 parts:

1. Reconnection...

1a. I can define the topic using failover queues, in which case calls to
connection->start() or producer->send() block until the broker is available,
which is not functionality that I like.

1b. The other option is to not use failover, in which case the calls throw
exceptions and I have to handle the reconnect on m own.

1c. In both cases, some objects may have been created, ie sessions,
producers, and consumers.  If a connection is lost, are these objects still
valid?  Or do I need to tear them all down and recreate them once the
connection is restored.

2. Threading...

2a. The documentation notes that the session is a single thread, what does
this mean for performance?

2b. If my application has a producer and a consumer on different queues, is
it best to have individual sessions for each, or should I be able to keep
reusing the one session?