activemq-users mailing list archives

From schow <sc...@alarmpoint.com>
Subject Is HttpTransport up-to-date?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:22:16 GMT

Hi,

We're working through some issues with the HTTP transport when connecting a
network of brokers over a periodically failing network.  In the process,
I've noticed that there are two implementations of the HTTP transport:
HttpTransport and HttpClientTransport.

HttpClientTransport was made the default implementation of HTTP by this
checkin:

Revision: 359551
Author: jstrachan
Date: 7:38:10 AM, December 28, 2005
Message:
use commons-httpclient by default
----
Modified :
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/activemq/transport/http/HttpClientTransport.java
Modified :
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/activemq/transport/http/HttpTransportFactory.java
Modified :
/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/activemq/transport/http/HttpTunnelServlet.java

While looking through the implementation of HttpTransport, I noticed that it
does not issue the HEAD command at startup, which is done by
HttpClientTransport.

This makes me wonder whether HttpTransport has been kept up-to-date with
changes or is HttpClientTransport not only the default, but also only,
current implementation of the HTTP Transport?