activemq-users mailing list archives

From gvaghjiani <>
Subject Re: Method setMessagePrioritySupported(true) called on ActiveMQConnectionFactory doesn't work
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:41:43 GMT

I am having a similar problem to you Kondro. My messages are consumed from
the queue in FIFO order. I too have

<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="5mb"

set in my activemq.xml file and also set the priority on the producer. My
consumer is connecting using prefetchSize=0. When I set the prefetch size to
a greater amount, 100 say, it works, the messages are consumed with highest
priority first.

The prefetchSize 0 is mandatory in my case (client requirement). Is there
something else I am missing? Or a work around? Or should I register this as
a bug? I am using ActiveMQ 5.4.1.