activemq-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Can I replace MQSeries simply by ActiveMQ ?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:40:29 GMT
Yes, provided that the code is capable of using either AMQ or MQ.

I am working on a project where I am doing this. It is in C++. I use the
C++ wrapper for ActiveMQ (activemq-cpp). I also used XMS, which is the IBM
C++ wrapper for MQSeries. This allowed me to develop a C++ interface that
looked very much like a JMS API whose implementation was relatively easy.
I use AMQ in development and MQ in production. I just need to configure
the broker name to point to the right one. One slight wrinkle was that I
found I also needed to configure a model name for MQSeries but this is
only needed when the default model is not being used.

Andrew Marlow

10/09/2010 11:09
Please respond to

Can I replace MQSeries simply by ActiveMQ ?

Assume a software system which currently uses MQSeries as a MessageBroker
with no additional extraordinary features.

Can I simply replace such an MQSeries installation by an ActiveMQ

Does anyone have experiences with such a migration?

delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to
 for additional disclosures.