activemq-users mailing list archives

From Neil Pritchard <Neil.Pritch...@securetrading.com>
Subject Checking state of connection to broker in pyactivemq
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:18:47 GMT
Hi All,

I'm using pyactivemq with ActiveMQ-CPP 3.2.2 as both producer and consumer of messages, which
are being brokered by a (Java) ActiveMQ 5.3.2 exchange.
I have three boxes, each performing the same type of tasks. Each box may produce, and consume
messages who's payload contain an event trigger that needs to be run 'off-line' so that the
process does not block the main process that the box performs.

For redundancy, I intend to have the consumers failover to an exchange on one of the other
two boxes should the local exchange die.  I'll also allow the consumers to listen to queues
on all three boxes, for load balancing and redundancy.

If a consumer looses the pipe to the local exchange, I need it to raise an exception.  Is
there any way that I can use code already written in pyactivemq to check the state of the
connection to the queue on the exchange, so that I may check that state in a loop ?

Many thanks,

Neil Pritchard