activemq-users mailing list archives

From Neil Pritchard <Neil.Pritch...@securetrading.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ C++ build errors
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:57:47 GMT
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help on this, finally managed to build it against activeMQ-CPP 3.2.2, will
start testing now.

Can you tell me how the Java ActiveMQ / ActiveMQ-CPP version numbers correlate, i.e. is activeMQ-CPP
3.2.2 the same as activeMQ (Java) 5.4.0 or 5.3.2 etc. ?

The reason that I ask is that I'm using 5.3.2 now but in a system that's written mainly in
Python and want to replace the Java components with Python to simplify the release procedure
etc..  I also want to make use of the scheduled / delayed retries feature that's in 5.4.0.

I may build a .deb for ubuntu unless someone out there has already written one, it would help
us deploy our system and I'm sure other Ubuntu users would prefer to apt-get :-)

Many thanks again for your help.

Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Bish [mailto:tabish121@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2010 14:05
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: ActiveMQ C++ build errors

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 08:50 +0100, Neil Pritchard wrote:

> [...]
instructions kindly provided by

> > http://code.google.com/p/pyactivemq/wiki/Building
> >
> > and
> >
> > http://www.nighttale.net/activemq/pyactivemq-on-ubuntu.html
> >
> > I get as far as "./autogen.sh && ./configure --prefix=/opt/activemq-cpp
&& make && make install" and get the response :-

> > "
> > aclocal: couldn't open directory 'config': No such file or directory
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> > "
> >
> > So in an attempt to get more debug info I created an empty directory called  'config'
an ran it again, this is the response that I got:-

> > "
> > .ibtoolize: AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR({m4}) conflicts with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS=-I m4
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> > "
> >
> > Does any one have an idea what the problem could be or where I should look
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Neil
>
> First question, if you run those commands separately, which one is
> actually failing.
>
> Second, since you are doing a make install into /opt/ does the user
> account have access to that folder?
>
> Regards

The fact that you don't have a config dir is an error, as the CPP
distribution ships with an already configured config directory.  You
shouldn't even need to run the autogen.sh on most systems if you are
using AMQCPP releases in the 3.x series.  I'd try grabbing a copy of the
latest 3.2.2 release and going from there.

Regards

--
Tim Bish

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/