activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Hixson <mhix...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.4.0 stops accepting messages randomly
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:39:12 GMT
We did find this in the logs.

activemq.log:2010-09-08 10:55:02,555 | INFO  | Usage Manager Memory Limit is full. Producer
(ID:isp01-55443-1283902621643-0:0:1:1) stopped to prevent
 flooding queue://mpqueue. See http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html for more
info (blocking for: 1s) | org.apache.activemq.broker.re
gion.Queue | ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///10.13.85.14:52682

We have since increased the memory limit and we'll see if this happens again.  If so I'll
get a full thread dump.
 Thanks,
  -M@

On Sep 10, 2010, at 12:51 AM, Dejan Bosanac wrote:

> Can you turn on debug logging and post logs and thread dumps when the
> broker hangs. Also, do you see messages in logs about producer flow
> control being used?
>

> Cheers
> --

> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
>

> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Matthew Hixson <mhixson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have been running 5.4.0 in production for a few weeks and it can easily handle
tens of thousands of messages a day, but then for no apparent reason it will cease accepting
new messages from our producers.  The consumers will drain the queue empty, but then nothing
new gets accepted into Active MQ.  Restarting Active MQ and then restarting all the producers
and consumers allows things to proceed as normal.
>>  Below is our activemq.xml.
>>  Thanks for any help.
>>   -M@
>>
>> <!--
>>    Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>>    contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>>    this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>>    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>>    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>>    the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>>
>>    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>>
>>    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>>    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>>    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>>    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>>    limitations under the License.
>> -->
>> <beans
>>  xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
>>  xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
>>  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd
>>  http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd">
>>
>>    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this configuration
file -->
>>    <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
>>        <property name="locations">
>>            <value>file:${activemq.base}/conf/credentials.properties</value>
>>        </property>
>>    </bean>
>>
>>    <!--
>>        The <broker> element is used to configure the ActiveMQ broker.
>>    -->
>>    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="localhost"
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data" destroyApplicationContextOnStop="true">