activemq-users mailing list archives

From Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover problem
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 05:09:20 GMT
How did you setup failover?
Did you test that the brokers actually lock on either a file/memory/db-table?

Visually - the DB setup is the easiest to see, you'll see a table lock in effect on the slave
broker
and that it is not starting.

Are you possibly confusing persistence with HA?
The two while useful together are not the same.

I.e

1 : - You want to test and setup Master/Slave
2 : - You want to investigate persistence, - this is not clustering, it is per broker save
to a media.

Then you want to match this to your client / usage topology and see if it is enough to meet
your needs.
If it is not and you want more "brokers" you want to look at a network of brokers.

/je