activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Even after upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.4.0, still seeing negative #'s in the "Pending Msgs" column
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:44:54 GMT
Is it by any chance the inflight count in jconsole that is negative?
There is a good explanation for that,
http://blog.garytully.com/2010/01/activemq-prefetch-and-asyncdispatch.html

On 8 September 2010 21:42, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gary,
> * *
> *Sorry - last message was incomplete - technical difficulties*
>
> Haven't had any luck reproducing this issue with a JMeter test, however, I
> can reproduce
> it on a fairly regular basis using our in-house application script, which
> puts tons of application
> messages on the queues.
>
> Also, I don't seem to see this issue when there is only a single broker
> running, only when
> there is two or more running in a network of brokers configuration.
>
> When I do see this issue, I •do• see it on JConsole as well as in the
> ActiveMQ WebAdmin console.
>
> *Possible Test Case:*
>
> To reproduce, start up multiple Producers, both of which are throwing
> 80,000+ messages
> to the two brokers (which are configured as a network of brokers ) and have
> two consumers running on
> separate servers pulling items off of the application queue(s).
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>>
>> Haven't had any luck reproducing this issue with a JMeter test, however, I
>> can reproduce
>> it on a fairly regular basis using our in-house application script, which
>> puts
>>
>> Also, I don't seem to see this issue when there is only a single broker
>> running, only when
>> there is two or more running in a network of brokers configuration.
>>
>> When I do see this issue, I •do• see it on JConsole as well as in the
>> ActiveMQ WebAdmin console.
>>
>>
>
>> To reproduce, start up multiple Producers, both of which are throwing
>> 80,000+ messages
>> at two brokers (which are networked together) and have the two consumers
>> running on
>> separate servers pulling items off of the application queue.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> does jconsole show the same negative number? Do you have a test case?
>>>
>>> On 1 September 2010 13:52, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> > After only running my 3 ActiveMQ brokers for short time, I am seeing
>>> > negative numbers in
>>> > the "Number of Pending Messages" column.  I started seeing this at 5.3.2
>>> > (after upgrading
>>> > from 5.2.0) and opened and issue on it:
>>> >            • https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2887
>>> >
>>> > It was recommended that I upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.4.0, which I did,
>>> however, I
>>> > am still
>>> > seeing this issue.
>>> >
>>> > Current Environment:
>>> > • CentOS release 5.2 (both consumers and brokers)
>>> > • 3 ActiveMQ brokers
>>> > • 7 consumers (across different queues)
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Thanks,
>>> >
>>> > --
>>> > Colleen Velo
>>> > email: cmvelo@gmail.com
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>>
>>> Open Source Integration
>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Colleen Velo
>> email: cmvelo@gmail.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Colleen Velo
> email: cmvelo@gmail.com
>



-- 
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Mime
View raw message