activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Even after upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.4.0, still seeing negative #'s in the "Pending Msgs" column
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:49:16 GMT
ok, I guess this is going to be very hard to track down without a
reproducible test case. Can you confirm that it is just the stats that
are wrong in this case, and that all expected messages are getting
delivered as expected.

On 9 September 2010 14:28, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> That doesn't seem to be the case here - namely, the JConsole queue count is
> accurately
> reflecting what the ActiveMQ web console is showing.  I have rechecked our
> application
> code as well as the ActiveMQ server settings and in both cases we are using
> the default
> *dispatchAsync* value of false which, according to your blog post from Jan
> 2010, should
> take care of the "inflight" counts issue.
>
> It seems to be more a case where the queue "counters" seem to get "thrown
> off"
> and never get back in-sync until the broker is restarted.
> For example, I can see a number "-10" in the "Pending Messages" on the
> ActiveMQ
> web admin console (and in JConsole), but clicking on the queue name and
> showing
> the actual contents of the queue might reveal 0 items or 5 items, etc.
> (Note: in the above scenario, the producers were not putting any new items
> onto the
> queue, so the # of "Pending Messages" wasn't changing).
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it by any chance the inflight count in jconsole that is negative?
>> There is a good explanation for that,
>> http://blog.garytully.com/2010/01/activemq-prefetch-and-asyncdispatch.html
>>
>> On 8 September 2010 21:42, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Gary,
>> > * *
>> > *Sorry - last message was incomplete - technical difficulties*
>> >
>> > Haven't had any luck reproducing this issue with a JMeter test, however,
>> I
>> > can reproduce
>> > it on a fairly regular basis using our in-house application script, which
>> > puts tons of application
>> > messages on the queues.
>> >
>> > Also, I don't seem to see this issue when there is only a single broker
>> > running, only when
>> > there is two or more running in a network of brokers configuration.
>> >
>> > When I do see this issue, I •do• see it on JConsole as well as in the
>> > ActiveMQ WebAdmin console.
>> >
>> > *Possible Test Case:*
>> >
>> > To reproduce, start up multiple Producers, both of which are throwing
>> > 80,000+ messages
>> > to the two brokers (which are configured as a network of brokers ) and
>> have
>> > two consumers running on
>> > separate servers pulling items off of the application queue(s).
>> >
>> >
>> > On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Gary,
>> >>
>> >> Haven't had any luck reproducing this issue with a JMeter test, however,
>> I
>> >> can reproduce
>> >> it on a fairly regular basis using our in-house application script,
>> which
>> >> puts
>> >>
>> >> Also, I don't seem to see this issue when there is only a single broker
>> >> running, only when
>> >> there is two or more running in a network of brokers configuration.
>> >>
>> >> When I do see this issue, I •do• see it on JConsole as well as in the
>> >> ActiveMQ WebAdmin console.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> >> To reproduce, start up multiple Producers, both of which are throwing
>> >> 80,000+ messages
>> >> at two brokers (which are networked together) and have the two consumers
>> >> running on
>> >> separate servers pulling items off of the application queue.
>> >>
>> >> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Gary Tully <gary.tully@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> does jconsole show the same negative number? Do you have a test case?
>> >>>
>> >>> On 1 September 2010 13:52, Colleen Velo <cmvelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>> > After only running my 3 ActiveMQ brokers for short time, I am seeing
>> >>> > negative numbers in
>> >>> > the "Number of Pending Messages" column.  I started seeing this
at
>> 5.3.2
>> >>> > (after upgrading
>> >>> > from 5.2.0) and opened and issue on it:
>> >>> >            • https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2887
>> >>> >
>> >>> > It was recommended that I upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.4.0, which I did,
>> >>> however, I
>> >>> > am still
>> >>> > seeing this issue.
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Current Environment:
>> >>> > • CentOS release 5.2 (both consumers and brokers)
>> >>> > • 3 ActiveMQ brokers
>> >>> > • 7 consumers (across different queues)
>> >>> >
>> >>> >
>> >>> > Thanks,
>> >>> >
>> >>> > --
>> >>> > Colleen Velo
>> >>> > email: cmvelo@gmail.com
>> >>> >
>> >>> --
>> >>> http://blog.garytully.com
>> >>>
>> >>> Open Source Integration
>> >>> http://fusesource.com
>> >>>
>>
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> http://blog.garytully.com
>>
>> Open Source Integration
>> http://fusesource.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Colleen Velo
> email: cmvelo@gmail.com
>



-- 
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Mime
View raw message