activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Parrish, Ken" <KParr...@gomez.com>
Subject Setting prefetch size and validating in JMX console ...
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:09:44 GMT
I am having difficulty adjusting prefetch size for an ActiveMQ client.

OS:
Windows NT Pro

Server:
ActiveMQ:  5.3.2  hosted as a Windows console application
JRE:  1.6.0.20
JMX:  JConsole 1.6.0.20-b02

Client:
Apache NMS client library
.NET 3.5 console application

I am setting the prefetch size for the client as part of the ActiveMQ queue URL, as such:

tcp://localhost:61616?consumer.prefetchSize=0

I start up my client which connects to the queue via an NMS IMessageConsumer.Recieve method
call.

Looking in JConsole, I can see my queue connection in:

org.apache.activemq/localhost/Subscription/NonDurable/Queue/[queuename]/[connectionID]/[connectionName]/Attributes

In the attribute list, PrefetchSize remains at 1000.

How can I confirm that my client is in fact connecting with prefetchSize = 0 ?  Is the method
for setting the connection prefetchSize not  correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken Parrish
Gomez, Inc.