activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Parrish, Ken" <>
Subject Setting prefetch size and validating in JMX console ...
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:09:44 GMT
I am having difficulty adjusting prefetch size for an ActiveMQ client.

Windows NT Pro

ActiveMQ:  5.3.2  hosted as a Windows console application
JMX:  JConsole

Apache NMS client library
.NET 3.5 console application

I am setting the prefetch size for the client as part of the ActiveMQ queue URL, as such:

I start up my client which connects to the queue via an NMS IMessageConsumer.Recieve method

Looking in JConsole, I can see my queue connection in:

In the attribute list, PrefetchSize remains at 1000.

How can I confirm that my client is in fact connecting with prefetchSize = 0 ?  Is the method
for setting the connection prefetchSize not  correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken Parrish
Gomez, Inc.